Hey everyone! I’m Angela and I’m the gal behind Pretty In Her Pearls. It’s a place where I share my love of style, beauty, family, and the occasional favorite baby product. My husband and I have been living in Houston for a few years but I’m forever a Carolina girl at heart. I’m originally from Charlotte, North Carolina. Go Panthers! (My little sister Natalie would be so proud I know the football team! Hehe!)
I’m a mom to two amazing little humans that make my heart so full. My son, Pookie (It’s a nickname) is 4 years old and my baby girl is 2 years old. Both my sweet babes were conceived thanks to IVF and an amazing team of doctors and nurses that really went above and beyond. It was a hard road but I know there was a greater plan that I just wasn’t aware of. I’m an open book so if you have any questions please send me a message or email.
Thank you all so much for stopping by to read about me, my blog, and give Pretty In Her Pearls your support! It means so much to me!
1. The accessory that has forever been one of my favorites is pearl almost anything. I have loved them since I was a little girl and saw the movie Breakfast At Tiffany’s. There was just something Audrey Hepburn in those iconic pearls. She also made looking chic effortless.
2. How did you come up with your blog name, Pretty In Her Pearls? I knew I wanted the name to have pearls in it because I love pearls basically almost any way I can get them. Well I knew my blog name couldn’t be just pearls or maybe it could, but I thought it might inadvertently attract people buying pearls then instead of someone looking for fashion inspiration. So while I was doing some brainstorming and taking probably one too many breaks my fave 80’s hit came on Pretty In Pink and I was like okay I think I have something. Movies like this literally got me through my teens and well I just loved them so it made perfect sense that my fave John Hughs movie title should be part of my blog name. So instead of Pretty In Pink (That name was already taken! Hehe!), I named the blog Pretty In Her Pearls.
3. Pictures on my blog are mainly taken by my friends, blogger friends, and husband. Thank goodness for all these patient amazing humans. Let’s just say when I ask for a candid photo in between blog shoots it means more like hey can you take a few dozen photos and oh can we try this angle too. Hehe! Blogger life.
4. Canon T5I with the 50 mm f/1.8 lens. I started out with the Canon T5 with nifty 5o or 50 mm lens as it’s called. It gives that pretty blurry background look so the outfit is in focus but the background is a little blurry in a good way.
5. I started Pretty In Her Pearls to share you can shop your own closet. Since starting the blog it has evolved into documenting my love of style, beauty, hair, and baby products that are life savers.
6. For anyone starting out, I would suggest being patient, staying in your lane, and doing your best. Don’t compare yourself to someone else because you might be comparing your beginning to their middle. Think about some of the big bloggers you follow and remember everyone started somewhere. So, just get started. Also, there is only one you so use your voice. It’s unique.