This post has been done in collaboration with Freshly Picked. As always all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those who support Pretty In Her Pearls.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post
Happy Thanksgiving from my little family to yours! This year has been such a special one celebrating Sofia and Pookie growing up right before my eyes, and making new traditions as a family of four. This week we celebrated Sofia turning one, and both my babies tasting lots of holiday food. This is the first holiday where Sofia is eating solids so it’s opened up the possibilities.
Today’s post is all about my Sofi girl. I’ll be chatting all about some of my favorite moments with her, and products that are making life as a mom of a new cruiser a little easier.
- I have felt a connection to Sofia the day she was born. I think I always knew I was supposed to be a girl mom at some point. Maybe it’s because of growing up with two sisters and hearing all the stories of us eating lipstick as babies (that’s normal right?), and playing with our mom’s things. Well, I’m loving that Sofia has an interest in any and all jewelry or lipsticks I wear. She literally figured out while taking these photos that if she touched my lips she’d get a little lipstick on her finger. She loved it. Let me tell you trying to dodge her sweet little fingers was not easy.
- Helping my sweet Sofia learn to walk has been such a fun experience. She’s growing more confident every day with each step. At first, she needed to hold both my hands and now she can walk while only holding one of my hands. I love seeing her progress.
- It’s been so much fun to get Sofia to try new foods. She likes almost everything so far. She knows how to shake her to say no when she’s either had enough or doesn’t like what she’s tried.
- Sofia is almost a walker and growing so quickly. Since day one I’ve had my girl in Freshly Picked. When she was a baby they made the perfect Newborn Mocs that she would keep on her feet. Now that she’s cruising with a little help from holding her mommas hand the Freshly Picked Bow Mocs are perfect as well. They are great for early walkers as toddlers need to learn to walk by gripping their toes to the ground and not overusing their arches for support. I love that they protect her toes feet while she learns. Freshly Picked has some of the cutest options around for everyone. I love this rose gold pair Sofi just got, and I can’t wait to get her this sweet pink pair. I’ll link some really cute options for both my girl and boy moms below.
- Sofia just had a growth spurt and is now in 12-18 month clothes. I love the Gap Kids clothes for both my babies. The quality is great, and they don’t shrink.
- As I introduce new foods to Sofi we still have days where her gums hurt from teething. These Munchkin utensils are amazing for feeding a growing toddler that isn’t quite ready to hold the spoon themselves. It almost works like a soon and a spatula.
- The Aden and Anais burp clothes are game changers. They can be used when your baby is brand new and needs to be burped on moms shoulder. Then they are perfect to use as bibs for feedings because they snap. Also, once the baby is teething it’s perfect to use as a bib to catch all the teething drool. They are super absorbent and soft.
- This is what I use to make food for Sofia. When I’m trying new flavors with Sofia I love the Happy Tot purees. They help me figure out if she likes new flavors without making lots of something she won’t want to eat.
Thank you so much for reading, I love getting to share my Sofi girl with Y’all. I really treasure these and can’t wait to share these with Sofi as she gets older.